It poured rain first thing monday morning hence the rain gear even though it looks completely sunny. Josie ran the whole length of the pier and was waiting for me, Addie, and our good friend (and favorite babysitter) ms. kacie. We were happy to just walk. The pier is about half a mile long! Ms. Kacie was the assistant kindergarten teacher at our waldorf school last year and the girls just adore her. When she babysat last time she brought her crank-handle wool carder with her :)
On the way back in, Josie took off running again and I finally had to knuckle down and run after her - I mean she was headed for the start of the pier where there are cars and strangers vs. the end of the pier where there is nowhere to go! I was seriously winded by the time I caught up with her... pant, pant... she was sitting calmly on the Berkeley Sister City sundial waiting for me. I guess Josie is in training for the Montpelier Mile
- a mile long race that kicks off the Montpelier, VT Fourth of July
parade each summer. Last summer Addie & Josie's 10-year-old cousin
Sage ran the mile in 6:46 (!) and they are Super Excited to run it next
year.
| |||
| Sage (no. 98 in the middle) finished 5th in his age group! |
I think that Josie will actually finish it. Addie may or may
not... it will completely depend on the day and whether or not there are any shiny objects around or, even better, an enticing tube where fishermen recycle their used fishing line!






No comments:
Post a Comment